The kidneys are one of the most important internal organs. Sustaining optimal kidney health is very important since the cases of kidney failure are quite common nowadays. Instead of suffering the pain and uneasiness of dialysis, it is better to maintain a healthy diet and keep your body hydrated to make sure your kidney is functioning well. Here are some seven foods that are highly nutritional for your kidneys-
- Apple: A rich source of pectin, apple is one of the most beneficial foods that can keep your kidney in a sounder condition. Having apples every day maintain the levels of good cholesterol and glucose. Apple is also enriched with antioxidants and vitamin C that can benefit your kidney in diverse ways.
- Blueberries: Blueberries are a rich source of Vitamin C, antioxidants, and low-calorie source of fibre. To keep your kidneys healthy, try adding blueberry in your daily diet. You can have them by making smoothies or preparing cakes or breakfast dishes or as fruits or as frozen snacks.
- Omega-3 Fatty Acids: Omega-3 fatty acids are vital for our body. Since our body can not produce them, we have to take in forms of foods like fishes and fruits. Apart from keeping your kidney safe and functioning, Omega-3 fatty acids also control blood clotting, production of cell membranes and also reduces the risk of heart disease.
- Kale: Kale is an abundant source of Vitamin A, K and C, essential minerals and calcium. These green veggies also contain the goodness of carotenoids and flavonoids that are not only good for a kidney but also reduces the risk of cancer.
- Strawberries: This delicious fruit has numerous health benefits including kidney wellness. This fruit is rich in vitamins, fibres, essential minerals and antioxidants. It has anti-inflammatory properties and can also aid heart health.
- Spinach: Rich in Vitamins K, A and C, spinach suffices the needs of folate, iron and beta-carotene in our body. These are important for your immune system and also for kidneys.
- Sweet Potatoes: Last but not least, sweet potatoes have the goodness of beta-carotene and vitamins A and C. This delicious food can help you in maintaining sound kidney health through the occasional intake.
So these are the seven foods that can effectively enhance the health of your kidney and keep it functioning smoothly. By adding these foods in your diet can benefit your health in multiple ways. Try them and see the result for yourself!